Okay, so you’ve already narrowed down the search for jeans that should fit you using High Street Fit Finder but you still have to find a pair that suits you! Out of all the styles of jeans on the High Street at the moment, which at our last count was eleven, how do you find the pair that are going to look great on you? Well, look no further, as here is a comprehensive guide to finding the style that will best suit your shape.
Petite – gentle curves in smaller proportions, shorter than 5ft 4”
- High-waisted jeans will lengthen your legs and emphasise your waist.
- Fading, shading or detailing on the thighs will add shape to your lower half.
- Cropped jeans really suit your smaller frame.
- Straight, slim or skinny jeans are preferable to wide-leg as these can swamp your small frame.
- Low-waisted jeans compliment a flat stomach.
Boyish – an athletic shape with no curves
- You can get away with almost all styles of jeans but skinny jeans in particular look great on your slim figure.
- Tapered jeans are a great choice for slim women as they give the illusion of having fuller hips.
- Opt for a mid-rise bootcut or flare to create curves.
- Low-waisted jeans complement your flat stomach and will provide more shape and definition.
- Details around the bottom, like flap back-pockets and zips; add shape.
It’s all about the top-half – broad shoulders and/or a great rack with waist, hips and thighs of equal proportions
- Bootcut and flare jeans are ideal for your body shape as the volume of the leg will add balance to your body.
It’s all about the bottom-half – a bootylicious body with larger hips and/or thighs
- Wide-leg and flare jeans are kind to women with a bootylicious body as they balance out large hips and thighs.
- Jeans with fading below the knee draw the eye down to your lovely lower legs.
- A high-waisted jean is key for your shape, attracting attention to your defined waist.
- Avoid details such as large pockets or zips around the bottom and thighs as they will add volume to these areas.
Curvy – an hourglass shape; you have both the great rack and the bootylicious bottom-half
- Straight jeans are the best bet for a curvy figure as they will elongate your legs and create a more balanced shape overall.
- Opt for jeans with high denim/low elastane content as this firmer material will give your figure structure and support in all the right places.
- A pair of high-waisted jeans will show off your curvaceous figure.
- Subtle shading on the thigh will help slim and elongate the leg.
- Bootcut jeans are a great choice for curvy figures, as the volume of the leg will add balance to your body.
Apple – you carry most of your weight around your middle and have a pert bottom with slim legs
- Wide waistbands work wonders for minimising a large stomach.
- Mid-rise jeans are the best option for your body shape.
- Avoid button-fly jeans as they will add bulk to this area.
- Bootcut jeans are great for adding shape to your lower half.
- Straight and slim jeans will also suit you but look for a pair with back-pocket flaps or zips to give your bum a lift.
Tall – you’re one long-legged lady, taller than 5ft 9”
- Cropped jeans complement tall frames.
- Shading to the thigh will add shape and dimension.
- Low and mid-waisted jeans best suit a tall build.
- Skinny and straight jeans work well for tall women.
- Bootcut and flare jeans add shape to your lower half and accentuate your leg length.
Tips for every shape
- A boyfriend jean can be worn by just about everyone, just make sure they are the right fit as too much material can swamp any frame.
- The darker the colour, the more slimming the jean. Darker washes lengthen the leg and help disguise any problem areas.
- Gentle shading down the front of the thigh elongates the leg.
- Flare jeans suit almost any body shape; they give volume to the lower body for top-heavy ladies, they flatter curvy figures, and instantly add shape to straight boyish figures.
- Bootcut and flare jeans disguise large calves and make legs look leaner.